The second generation of IT4BI graduated in September 2015.
This year, the completion rate is more than 80% with 21 students who have graduated successfully out of 26 admitted.
Surveyed upon graduation, the IT4BI alumni told us about their career perspectives.
Among the 21 graduates, 15 answered the survey.
Most survyed students found a job opportunity while following the IT4BI programm, 25% got empoyed within 3 months and the remaining 20% found a work afterwards.
A vast majority are now working in fields of Business Intelligence, Data science and Analytics.
Their average salary amounts to 40.500€ per year.
Most of students answering the survey pursue their career in Europe. Germany remains the number one choice of residency for IT4BI graduates.
The very first generation of IT4BI graduated in September 2014. The completion rate was more than 94% with 18 out of 19 students successfully graduated from the program.
We asked them about their becoming after IT4BI and got answers from all the 18 graduated students.
Among them, a majority of students are working in fields of Business Intelligence, Data science and Qnalytics. Two students created their own company.
Their average salary amounts to 38.500€ per year.
By the end of the programme, students will have an in-depth understanding of the stakes, challenges, and open issues of gathering and analysing large amounts of heterogeneous data for decision-making purposes, master the key concepts and technologies in information systems, and be able to put in place and conduct both online and offline analyses of strategic data to answer executives needs.
From an industrial perspective, constantly growing amounts of largely unstructured data, rapidly changing economic conditions, and an emerging trend of incorporating unstructured data into analytics bring new challenges to BI, and new opportunities to qualified practitioners. Notably, statistics on employability of graduates from the Master en Systèmes d’Information et Analyse Décisionnelle at University François-Rabelais of Tours (a BI specialisation of the Computer Science Master) showed that in 2010, 97% of graduates were employed 6 months after graduation (the remaining 3% continues their studies) with a mean initial annual net salary of 30,000 euros.
From an academic perspective, interest in business intelligence is growing and diversifying in academia, with strong interest in the management of unstructured data along with structured data, personalisation and recommendation, graph databases, complex event processing, collaborative aspects, as well as visual analytics. Students choosing to do their master’s thesis in a partner’s laboratory, will be considered for subsequent enrollment at doctorate in one of the full or associated partner HEIs.
Finally, the consortium will promote and develop technological transfer from academia to the enterprise. This will be done through various informal as well as formal partnerships, for instance, the academic chair in Business Intelligence at ECP that involve, among other partners, SAP research, with the objective of combining semantic technologies with Business Intelligence.
To conclude, many opportunities are available in the field, for both academic and industrial research. IT4BI will be the best master’s degree for learning the skills needed to excel in those jobs.
One of our former student, Maximiliano Lopez, participated to a challenge organized by United Nations and the U.S. Department of State. And guess what? He won the second place for his project! This page describes what the challenge was about: … Continue reading
After 5 successful editions, IT4BI becomes BDMA! The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree IT4BI has successfully welcomed five generations of students since its opening in September 2012. To better align with the new needs of research, education, and industry with … Continue reading
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree IT4BI has successfully welcomed four generations of students since its opening in September 2012. On September 2016, IT4BI will graduate its third generation and welcome its fifth one. IT4BI is funded for five editions … Continue reading
Students applying as self-funded (fee-paying) candidates can submit their applications until April 30th, 2016 or June 30th, 2016 depending on the nationality. More information on the admission page.
Thanks to our Ambassador’s programme, all students interested in the IT4BI programm can now get a first-hand account of the IT4BI experience from a former or current IT4BI student. To contact the IT4BI Ambassador of your choice, please refer the … Continue reading